SilverSneakers & SilverSplash Classes
SilverSneakers® is a unique exercise program for individuals who are medicare-eligible and are current members of an approved insurance plan. Their participation in the program allows them a free basic membership at a certified facility, custom-designed SilverSneakers® classes taught by certified instructors and access to all fitness center amenities. The Health Learning Center is a certified facility and we provide a variety of SilverSneakers® classes.
Muscular Strength & Range of Movement
This class is customized to accommodate all participants by individualizing the workout with resistance tools. The class focuses on upper and lower body strength, range of movement and activities for daily living.
This class is conducted in a warm water pool. This class offers total body conditioning. Shallow water choreography is designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and balance. No swimming ability is required.
YogaStretch is taught from a seated and standing position. This class focuses on increasing flexibility and balance to improve each individuals's sense of well being.
SilverSneakers Fitness Program Goals
- To improve the physical and mental health of every participant and minimize age related physical degeneration.
- To improve all nine health and skill-related fitness components:
Cardiovascular, endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, speed, power, agility, balance, and coordination.
- To encourage participants to take more responsibility for their personal health status.
- To provide a group exercise environment that encourages peer socialization and increases an individual's sense of well-being.
- To encourage a progressive exercise program that includes resistance training (weight lifting), core conditioning, and an aerobic workout.