Admission is simple for everyone--our patients, their families, and referral sources including physicians, case managers and insurance or managed care companies.
A single phone call sets the process in motion. All necessary data is exchanged with appropriate parties; information on fees, insurance coverage and other relevant material is available. Patients are encouraged to speak with their insurance provider directly to verify coverage and assure that all questions are answered.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit Admissions
A patient is admitted through physician referral according to individual rehabilitation needs. Staff provides referring physicians with complete evaluation and treatment reports, as well as follow-up recommendations for care after discharge.
Patients already hospitalized may request a consult through their attending physician for a rehabilitation physician (physiatrist) to determine if rehabilitation is the best choice and what types of treatment may be recommended. A team of case managers orients each patient and his/her family to the Rehabilitation floor and assures that pre-authorization and insurance protocols are met.
On-site visits to nursing homes, other hospitals or facilities may be requested as well.
Out-of-town patients may request a consultation for potential admission through contact with the physiatrists or case management team. Again, case managers facilitate paperwork and communications with insurances and referring physicians.
There are several ways to schedule your appointment with outpatient services:
- If you have already seen your physician and have a prescription for outpatient therapy, simply call to arrange an appointment.
- You may ask your physician to simply fax an order to 719-776-5392 at Penrose Hospital, or fax to 719-776-3646 at Penrose Community Hospital.
- If you are an inpatient in the hospital, your physician can arrange outpatient services for you prior to your discharge to insure smooth transition of care.
- If you have not yet seen a doctor, you may choose to visit your own physician who will advise you about the outpatient services that will best fit your rehabilitation goals.
- Should your insurance company not require a physician order, you may call to arrange an appointment.
To schedule an appointment for outpatient services at Penrose Hospital call 719-776-5200.
To schedule an appointment for outpatient services at Penrose Community Hospital, call 719-776-3250.