Penrose-St. Francis Classes & Events
Baby Care Class
Are you excited and a little nervous about caring for your newborn baby? Babies don’t come with instructions—so join us for a fun and interactive class that will give you a little “hands-on” experience and lots of information. You’ll learn about:
- Physical characteristics of a newborn baby
- Hospital care of your baby including hearing screening and common blood tests
- Newborn jaundice
- Choosing a baby doctor and routine newborn office visits
- Baby care skills like bathing, changing diapers, swaddling, cutting fingernails, using a bulb syringe, temperature taking, etc.
- Soothing a crying baby/colic
- How to play with your baby to stimulate intellectual development
- Choosing child care
- Keeping baby safe
- Signs your baby is ill and what to do
- Adjusting to parenthood
- And more
Use of car seats, breast-feeding and CPR cannot adequately be addressed in this class—please note our class offerings on these topics.
Cost: $20 per person ($40 per couple)
Location: St. Francis Medical Center
Classes: Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
|Dates, times and locations for this event|