Penrose-St. Francis Classes & Events
Prepared Childbirth Classes
PREPARED CHILDBIRTH CLASSES All classes are taught by certified childbirth educators.
We offer three class formats.
- A four-week series of 2½-hour classes on Mon., Wed., or Thurs.
- A two-day weekend seminar of 5-hour classes (Sat. & Sat.) or (Sun. & Sun.)
- A two-day weekend express seminar of 5-hour classes (Sat. & Sun.)
Pick the option that works best for you and plan to end classes about four weeks before your due date. These classes focus on:
- Labor and delivery
- Options for birth
- Coaching/labor support
- Breathing, relaxation and other comfort measures
- Cesarean birth
The book Understanding Birth is included in all classes. A tour is included in all classes except Labor Skills Refresher Class.
Relax and Enjoy
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring two bed pillows
- If you like, bring a beach towel or sheet for the floor
- Bring snacks and beverages for you and your partner to enjoy
Cost: $70 per couple; $25 for teen under age 20 (Teens will be asked for a valid ID at the first class)
Location: St. Francis Medical Center
|Dates, times and locations for this event|