Diabetes & Renal Care Clinic
The Certified Diabetes Educators provide education and management for individuals with diabetes.
Services provided include:
- Individualized instruction on pre-diabetes/diabetes self-management skills
- Group education classes
- Therapeutic lifestyle changes focused on nutrition and exercise
- Insulin pump evaluation and management
- Gestational diabetes/diabetes in pregnancy management and education
- Pediatric and family education
- Management of diabetes medication upon authorization from, and in conjunction with, the primary care physician and/or Advanced Care in Endocrinology & Diabetes
Our program is ADA certified and is designed to:
- Assist people in improving and maintaining good diabetes control
- Teach individuals how to take an active role in managing their diabetes
- Promote changes in lifestyle which will improve quality of life
- Reduce or prevent complications of diabetes by controlling blood sugar levels
Most insurance plans cover these services with appropriate physician referral and diagnosis. Please call (719) 776-3600 for more information. Physician referrals may be faxed to (719) 776-3610.