Centura Health has more experts in more places throughout the region. Start your health journey by finding the right one for you.
After 60 railroad workers were injured in a train derailment near Leadville in the late 1880s, B.P. Anderson, MD, and four sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration began a door-to-door fundraising campaign to build a hospital in Colorado Springs. Since its inception, Penrose-St. Francis Health Services has been infused with vision and dedicated to clinical excellence, whole-person care and serving the unique needs of its communities.
While Penrose-St. Francis Health Services (PSF) offers a full complement of emergency, medical and surgical services, several programs and clinical specialties truly distinguish the system:
Penrose Cancer Center
brings leading-edge, compassionate cancer care to the people of southern Colorado.
• Penrose-St. Francis' acclaimed heart program consistently achieves outcomes that exceed national benchmarks.
• St. Francis Medical Center is the home to the new Total Joint and Spine Center, a 33-bed state-of-the-art unit that caters to patients who have undergone joint or spine surgery. Our expert surgeons, fully coordinated team of clinical staff, physical therapists and nurse navigators provide a full continuum of care from diagnosis to rehabilitation.• St. Francis Medical Center specializes in maternal-child health with a state-of-the-art birthing center, a Level IIIA neonatal intensive care unit and northern Colorado Springs' only dedicated pediatric unit.
• The PSF Laboratories provide a comprehensive range of tertiary care anatomic and clinical diagnostic services ranging from bedside point of care chemistries to electron microscopy and molecular testing.
• Penrose's Center for Behavioral Health helps businesses retain healthy and productive employees.
• The PSF Health Learning Center is dedicated to healthy aging through an interdisciplinary approach to managing chronic diseases.
• St. Francis Medical Center, a $207-million full-service hospital, opened in August 2008 as the only full-service hospital in northeast Colorado Springs. Services include birth center, emergency service, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, inpatient/outpatient surgery, pediatric unit and Level III Trauma Center.
• Five-story E Tower opened January 2005 on the Penrose Hospital campus. This tower boasts a high-tech, 36-bed, critical care unit; 36 private-bed cardiovascular floor; Wellness Center; physician offices; main lobby; pharmacy; gift shop; registration area; boardroom and courtyard.
• The Thelma and Peter Morici Emergency Department at Penrose Hospital was completely renovated in 2012.
Awards & Honors
By the Numbers
Penrose-St. Francis Health Services
Includes four urgent care centers,
Penrose-St. Francis Health Learning Center
Colorado Sports and Spine Centers
EAP Corporate Health Services
Patient & Community Resources
Penrose-St. Francis offers free, health information and physician referrals: 719-776-5555.
Penrose Cancer Center
has a variety of patient resources, including outreach programs for women of color, free cancer screenings, on-campus housing and dental oncology services.
at St. Francis Medical Center offers an array of classes for moms-to-be, dads, grandparents, siblings and even the family dog!
Penrose-St. Francis Health Foundation
supports Penrose-St. Francis in its work to provide important services to the community. To give a gift, contact the foundation at 719-776-7760.
Centura Health complies with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and no person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provision of any care or service on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual preference, ancestry, age, familial status, disability or handicap.
Our search tools require a zip code to match the location nearest you.