Ronald McDonald Family Room
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is a refuge within the hospital for immediate family members who have a child in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Pediatric Care Unit. The family room provides a place to rest, relax and recharge from the environment of the hospital while allowing parents to remain near their child.
The family room provides homelike amenities including:
- Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, fresh coffee and sweet treats provided by family room supporters
- Bathroom with shower, linens, shampoo, soap and other toiletries for those who can not make the trip home to shower
- Washer, dryer, detergent and a pair of scrubs for those who may not have a fresh change of clothes
- Dining areas for families to enjoy a meal together or quick snack
- Living room area with comfortable seating and a flat screen TV
- Computer workstations so family members can conduct research on their child's condition, keep in touch with family and friends or connect with the workplace
- Children's play area with books, toys and DVDs
- Two rooming-in bedrooms - call 719-243-3574 to see if overnight stay is available.
Take a virtual tour of the Ronald McDonald Family Room.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room is open daily from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. as long as there is a family room-trained volunteer present.
How You Can Help
Your tax-deductible donation helps thousands of families each year through the Ronald McDonald House and the Ronald McDonald Family Room. To make a donation visit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado website or call 719-471-1814.
Volunteers are needed everyday in order to keep the family room open. For more information on volunteering or to obtain a volunteer application form, contact the Ronald McDonald Family Room Coordinator at 719-243-3574.
The mission of the Ronald McDonald Family Room at St. Francis Medical Center is to provide a refuge within the hospital for families of seriously ill children who are hospitalized in the NICU and Pediatric Care Unit.
Our vision is to give a loving welcome to families, to find understanding through caring for others and to bring families together through a sanctuary of nurturing for the body, mind, and spirit.