Services We Offer
St. Francis Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation Services in Colorado Springs offers a comprehensive range of rehabilitation services and specialty equipment to our patients.
- Biodex® - This equipment uses visual biofeedback to assess and retrain sensory and voluntary motor control of balance. A sensitized fixed platform allow for enhanced assessment and training capabilities for tasks ranging from essential daily living activities to high-level athletic skills. Patients are scored and compared to age related norms.
- Cancer Rehabilitation - We create an individualized program assessing edema, fatigue, neuropathy, pain, weakness, endurance and neurologic deficits resulting from radiation, chemotherapy, or surgical interventions. All therapies are provided by credentialed professionals that are highly trained and provide the latest treatment techniques using evidence based protocols and technologies.
- Concussion Clinic - A multi-disciplinary therapy approach that provides care for clients who experience residual symptoms (trouble with thinking, memory, changes in emotion or mood, changes in sleep, or physical problems, such as headache, dizziness, excessive fatigue or sensitivity to noise or light) lasting greater than 2-3 weeks after concussion.
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies - These studies evaluate the swallowing process using a contrast material, which can be seen under X-ray for people who are having problems swallowing. Together the radiologist and speech language pathologist assess swallowing function and make diet and therapeutic recommendations.
- Neurological Rehabilitation - This is when a team of physical, occupational and speech therapists provide multidiscipline care for patients with closed head, spinal cord and multiple trauma injuries and other neurologic conditions.
- Occupational Therapy - This therapy manages patients with hand or upper extremity conditions including but not limited to tendon lacerations, fractures, repetitive strain injuries, nerve compression and other orthopedic complications.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation - This type of rehab focuses on spine including spinal dysfunction, extremity musculoskeletal dysfunction and pain management through patient education, manual therapy, modalities and muscle re-education techniques. Additional techniques include dry needling and kinesiotaping®, sports therapy/injury rehabilitation and post-surgery rehab.
- Pediatric Speech Therapy - For ages 3 and up, this therapy evaluates and treats with language and/or speech impairments or delays.
- Vestibular Program - This specialized program provides physical therapy approaches for treatment of patients with balance and dizziness disorders.
- Vital Stim ® Therapy - This non-traditional treatment for dysphagia uses small electrical currents to stimulate the muscles responsible for swallowing. Trained specialists help patients “re-educate” their muscles to improve the swallow function.
- Voice Therapy - This individualized therapy evaluates and treats voice disorders in adults and children.