Social Media Policy
Centura Health | Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Social Media Community Guidelines
As Colorado’s health care leader, we are focused on connecting people across the state to information on health, wellness, and active lifestyles, as well as relevant Colorado news and events. We look forward to interacting with you through the Centura Health social media communities.
For Patients: We take all patient complaints very seriously. If you have concerns about your experience or the care you received in a Centura Health facility, we encourage you to contact us directly so that we can have someone contact you to discuss your situation and respond to your concerns. Postings or emails directed to our hospitals from Centura’s Facebook page are not considered part of our formal complaint and grievance process.
Participation Guidelines: We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed, ask questions about health care, health-related stories and any of the services we provide. Our role in hosting this discussion is to ensure that comments are fair, courteous and non-threatening. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to remove comments that:
- Contain obscene, indecent, harassing, threatening or profane language or libelous or defamatory statements;
- Contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability;
- Disclose personal and private patient information;
- Promote or endorse services or products (“non-commercial” links relevant to the topic or another comment are acceptable);
- Attack Centura Health employees, physicians or Centura Health entities or affiliate partners;
- Contain links or advertisements;
- Violate copyright and intellectual property rights, Facebook’s terms of service or any other applicable laws or regulations; or
- Contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to this page.
In addition, we may delete excessive wall postings to improve the overall visitor experience. Anyone repeatedly posting material that violates these guidelines will be banned from participating from Centura Health and Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Facebook pages.
For Centura Health Associates: If you are employed by Centura Health, you are encouraged to review and familiarize yourself with the Centura Health associate social media guidelines.
Patient Privacy: Centura Health complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule, which provides federal protections for personal health information held by covered entities and gives patients an array of rights with respect to that information. We will never post any protected health information or other patient-sensitive information without appropriate authorization, and if you are a patient and would like to discuss any personal health information, please contact your health care provider directly. Any confidential patient information posted to the Facebook page will be removed. To protect your privacy, please do not include information (e.g., an e-mail address or phone number) in the text of your comment that identifies you.