It's no secret. Women's health care is different.
There are conditions that exist only in women, such as pregnancy and menopause; conditions that occur more frequently in women, such as breast cancer and thyroid disease; and conditions that are biologically different in women, such as cardiac disease and osteoporosis. Penrose-St. Francis Health Services recognizes the need for outstanding women's health care. In fact, HealthGrades ranks us among the top 5 percent in the nation for the fourth year in a row when it comes to providing care to women in the following areas:
- Women's Medicine
- Women's Cardiovascular Procedures
- Women's Bone & Joint Health
Our specialty services for women include:
For more in-depth information visit our online Women's Health Information Center
Each quarter, we publish bloom, a magazine dedicated to women's health and wellness.
Additional services for women include:
- Bariatric Center of Excellence for women who have difficulty losing weight and meet the requirements for lap-band or gastric bypass surgery
- Dedicated Mayo Clinic trained breast surgeon, Dr. Toni Green Cheatwood
- Women's counseling and behaviorial health services
- Southern Colorado's only Gynecologist/Oncologist, Dr. Dirk Pikaart
- Award-winning Women's Bone & Joint Health outcomes in total knee and total hip replacement surgeries, spinal surgeries, and hip fracture repair.
- The Center for Women's Imaging providing a spa-like atmosphere, moisturizing hand treatments and a special gift for women having a screening mammogram, bone density scan or other imaging service.
- Dedicated diabetes and endocrinology care team with expertise in pre-diabetes and diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol, vitamin deficiencies and calcium problems, abnormal thyroid and parathyroid function, thyroid cancer, osteoporosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Robotic surgery for women's surgeries such as hysterectomies using the daVinci Si Surgical System